Hello 👩💻 I am a software developer and manager.
Things to know about me
- I am currently a Development Manager at Shopify where I manage a team working on Shopify Payments. It's fun! A change from a front end heavy career into a very back-end heavy team, which sounded scary at first to me but was actually a smooth transition. The role varies - running a team and managing a group of awesome developers... but I also have time each week to jump in and write code (ruby)/do code review as well. (2020-present)
- Director of Engineering at Flow (2018-2020) Managing two (aka all of them - small company) dev teams Flow. I still did a fair bit of individual contributor work too.
- Junior Developer at Atomic Crayon (2011-2012) C# with ASP.NET, some PHP. Doing work for clients - making websites and apps.
- Intern Developer at BC Parks (2010) Front end work on the BC Parks website.
- I studied Computer Systems Technology, a two year diploma program, at Camosun College (2009-2011)
- I was a hobbiest web developer/small app developer throughout my teen years before deciding to pursue a career in software.
- I am a mom. I have two kids. I also have a dog and a partner. My life is pretty busy.
- I live in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada 🇨🇦